New Delhi: On Tuesday morning, students of the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi were in for a shock when they sat for breakfast at the mess.
One of the students at the Aravali hostel at IIT-Delhi discovered a dead rat floating in the coconut chutney served to him in a plate.
The Times of India reported that one Jayant Darokar first sighted the dead mouse.
“By the time I found it, many had already eaten the chutney,” Darokar wrote on Facebook.
The mess administration was informed which has assured to take corrective steps.
The students are, however, not a satisfied lot. They spoke about the poor hygiene condition at the hostel mess.
IIT director Ramgopal Rao said they have set up a panel of three wardens to look into the matter.
He said action was imminent against some people in the mess.